Sewing a Rag Doll Pattern and Instructions Download - to make 54cm Rag Doll
Alice's Bear Shop - Rag Doll Body Pattern and Instructions.
Available in A4 and US letter size. No resizing needed.
These easy to follow, step by step, comprehensive instructions with detailed pattern take you through the process of making a beautiful, heirloom, Rag Doll .
The instructions are extremely professional, clear and thorough with each and every step explained in text and images. We've included stitch tuition, green tips and tips to personalise your doll with four different hair styles, glossary and layouts.
We were very proud to have been nominated for the 'Excellence in Innovation' Award for our Kits and Patterns in 2015, so whether you are an experienced sewer or this is your first Rag Doll project, these instructions and pattern are just what you need!
You might also like to follow our step by step tutorial video series on our YouTube Channel which features the option of painting your doll's face.
Also, don't forget to Download our FREE Doll Face Painting Templates on our Downloads Page, and check out our YouTube Tutorial video series.
To make this Rag Doll you will need:
- 68cm/27" wide x 50cm/20" deep pre-shrunk calico (or other fabric),
- 50g/2oz wool (we use 'Super Chunky'),
- 1 x pair of 10mm (3/8"), transparent, coloured glass eyes (embroider eyes if you are giving this doll to a small child),
- 150cm/59" extra strong thread for inserting the eyes,
- Matching thread, general purpose sewing needle and pins,
- 80cm/32" cotton perle or floss for mouth (deep pink is good),
- 160g/6oz stuffing (polyfibre, kapok or cotton work well),
- 1 x long doll needle (about 12cm/5", to insert eyes),
- A pair of fabric scissors and a pair of paper scissors,
- Tailor’s chalk or a pencil.
Suitable for: This is a collectable heirloom pattern but with very little adjustment it can be made suitable for children. Replace small parts and embroider eyes etc. until the child is a little older.
Size: to make a 54cm/21" Rag Doll.