Sewing a Rag Doll Fossil Hunter Outfit- Pattern and Instructions Download - to fit our 54cm Rag Doll
Sewing a Rag Doll - Pattern and Instructions Download - Fossil Hunter outfit to fit 54cm Rag Doll
These easy to follow, step by step, comprehensive instructions with detailed pattern take you through the process of making a Fossil Hunter Outfit for our 54cm Rag Doll.
The instructions are extremely professional, clear and thorough, with each and every step explained in text and images. We've included stitch tuition, green tips, glossary and layouts.
We were very proud to have been nominated for the 'Excellence in Innovation' Award for our Kits and Patterns in 2015. So, whether you're an experienced sewer or this is your first project, these instructions and pattern are just what you need.
Size: fits our 54cm Rag Doll.
Suitable for: This is a collectable heirloom pattern but with very little adjustment it can be made suitable for children. Remove small parts until the child is a little older.
Included are instructions to make a hooded coat, waistcoat, long shorts, rollneck, cap, socks, boots, rucksack, fossils and geological hammer.
To make this rag doll outfit, you will need:
- 113cm/44.5” wide x 29cm/11.5” deep main fabric for the coat,
- 39cm/15” wide x 28cm/11” deep lining fabric for the coat,
- 55cm/22” wide x 74cm/29” deep main fabric for the cap, waistcoat and long shorts,
- 52cm/21” wide x 33cm/13” deep lining fabric for cap and waistcoat,
- 55cm/22” wide x 50cm/20” deep fabric for the rollneck and socks,
- 30cm/12” wide x 30cm/12” deep main fabric for the rucksack,
- 20cm/8” wide x 9cm/4” deep contrast fabric for rucksack,
- 20cm/8” wide x 28cm/11” deep non-fraying fabric for boots,
- 14cm/6” wide x 9cm/4” deep fabric for boot ankle padding,
- 17cm/7” wide x 13cm/5” deep fabric for the hammer shaft and head,
- 13cm/5” wide x 8cm/3” deep fabric for the hammer handle,
- 16cm/6” wide x 18cm/7” deep fabric for fossils (grey felt looks very Jurassic),
- 82cm/32” x 7mm/0.3” wide elastic for the shorts, cap, coat hood and hammer handle,
- 16cm/6” x 1.5mm/0.06” elastic for the coat button loops,
- 4 x buttons for the coat,
- 38cm/15” cord for the backpack,
- 100cm/39” cord for boot laces,
- 3 x poppers for the rollneck and rucksack,
- 200cm/79” embroidery thread or cotton perle for the fossils,
- Matching thread, general purpose sewing needle, a long needle and pins,
- 1 x pair each fabric and paper scissors.
- Tailor’s chalk or a pencil.